If you have a garage, chances are you use your garage door on a daily basis without really thinking of how big of an impact it has on your life. But did you know that 45% of American homeowners who have garages use their garage door as their primary point of entry into their homes? In contrast, the front door gets so much attention but is only used as a primary point of entry by 35% of homeowners.
That being said, it’s a great idea to invest in ways to boost the functionality, security, and aesthetic appeal of your garage door.
The following accessories can be good standalone purchases or an excellent add-on to a garage door replacement project:
Accessories for Functionality
- Control accessories. These accessories make garage operation easier and more secure. Examples include:
- Keyless entry – a security accessory that allows you to open your garage door using a preprogrammed code as opposed to easily-misplaced keys or remote controls.
- Internet gateway – hooks up your garage door opener to the internet, making it possible for you to operate and monitor your door from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Multi-button remote control – allows you to open and close your garage doors, switch interior lights on and off, and more.
- Battery back-up systems. Integrated battery back-up systems keep your garage door functional even during a power outage. If you’ve ever had your car stuck in your garage because of an unexpected power cut, you know how…